Free Fajitas! Actually, chicken-free…but you wouldn’t know it when you try them. So go ahead; be free with these chicken-free fajitas.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds BtB chicken-free shreds
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded vegan cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa and guacamole
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the BtB chicken-free shreds. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook BtB chicken-free shredded over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with vegan cheese, taco sauce, salsa and guacamole.
Yield: 6 servings