It’s hard not to notice how fast the vegan train has taken off within these last few years. The number of non-dairy milk option at your grocery store has tripled in size. We now have pea, oat, coconut, almond, cashew, and soymilk. You can’t even count the number of options on one hand anymore.
The same goes for meat alternatives. New brands now offer realistic vegan meat substitutes that are just as satisfying as the real deal. Studies have also shown individuals who swap out meat for plant-based meat alternatives have a 20% lower mortality rate.
So whether you’re a committed vegan or just trying to test out a healthier plant-based diet, keep reading for some delicious vegan-friendly family dinners.
You owe it to both your health and tastebuds.
Serve up some garlic bread toasted with vegan butter with a hearty helping of this classic Italian dish.
- Begin with some olive oil, diced onions, minced garlic and tomatoes on a large skillet.
- Season to your liking and once the onions are translucent, add in some vegan ground beef. Use plant-based meat alternatives for a taste that is strikingly similar to the real thing.
- Throw in some more seasoning and use some veggie broth to keep the ‘meat’ moist and flavorful.
- Cook your pasta based on the package’s instructions. Most pasta is already vegan, but double check to make sure.
- Add your sauce of choice to the plant meat beef, either canned or homemade, depending on how you normally eat your pasta.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and serve.
Grilled Bacon Cheezeburgers
You can use any vegan, plant based beef and bacon with this recipe.
- Dab the burger with a cloth before you place it on the grill. These can be pretty oily, so try to remove a good amount to ensure it doesn’t catch on fire.
- Wrap it in tin foil and set it on the grill. Once it’s cooked all the way through, add all the traditional fixin’s and enjoy on a nice summer evening.
Savory Asian Stirfry
- Plant based chicken and beef both pair wonderfully with pineapple and bell peppers. Add a sweet and sour sauce if desired. Cook the vegan meat as directed on the bag and add all the vegetables of your choosing.
- Serve over rice.
Vegan Burrito Bowls
Pick your favorite plant based meat as the vegan alternative to the popular Mexican sausage chorizo.
- Cook the “chorizo” on a skillet.
- In a separate pot, warm up some black beans.
- Combine the two ingredients and top with vegan cheese, avocado slices, and pico de gallo for a savory southwestern dish.
Vegan Chicken and Waffles
It doesn’t have to be breakfast time to enjoy this Southern comfort food.
- Prepare the waffles as usual by substituting butter and milk for nondairy alternatives. If your recipe calls for eggs, you can use a powdered egg replacement, unsweetened apple sauce, or a ripe banana.
- Cook your plant based chicken according to the package. Pop them out of the oven or skillet when they’re ready.
- Drizzle the chicken and waffles with warm syrup.
The modern vegan
You’ll never have to sacrifice flavor over your health or personal beliefs when you eat vegan. Whatever reason you’ve decided to opt for a plant-based lifestyle, it just got a whole lot easier thanks to the satisfying vegan products on the shelves today. Veganism has come a long way, and by the looks of it, it’s here to stay.